A few weeks ago, two of our employees traveled to New York City to attend the EDI Academy! As ISS continues to grow, we are training additional staff to become EDI experts. Here is a glimpse into what their experience was like:
Take Away Points
- EDI and its practical applications as well as the best practices regarding implementation;
- Confirming that EDI can be applied to most (if not all) forms used by a company;
- The several tools available to convert an EDI document, such as an 850/PO, to help ensure reader comprehension;
- A better understanding of the full EDI process with regards to creating, sending, and receiving documents electronically;
- Realizing that EDI isn’t quite as difficult of a process as one might think; o The vast array of EDI transactions that are available in the EDI world.
“I now know what is needed in order to send accurate POs and ASNs to Big Box retailers, as well as what to pay attention to in order to avoid costly chargebacks.” – Ben Vlietstra
“We are hoping to use what we learned to make the Picas EDI processes better and develop best practices for our EDI customers.” – Jim Kirk
Here are a few photos from the trip, because, what is a business trip without a little sightseeing?!